Our cooperative farm has 9 members and about 15 employees who are all passionate about healthy food, gardening, seed production and ecology.
This common interest led us to start the Tourne-Sol Cooperative Farm in the fall of 2004. The farm is a worker's cooperative. By working together and following agro-ecological principles, we have succeeded in creating a democratic, diverse and sustainable company.
La Ferme Coopérative Tourne-Sol is located in Les Cèdres, Quebec, approximately 60 km west of Montreal. Find us with Google Maps.
The farm has 7 ha (17 acres) of land which it partly owns and partly leases from organic field crop producers.
Our mission is to generate agricultural products of the highest quality that respect the standards of organic farming and the principles of agro-ecology; to build strong community ties in our region; and promote organic agriculture as a viable food production system.
In the media
- Video - My Farm My World Contest Winners 2015 . Agri-Careers. 2015.
- Tourne-Sol Co-operative Farm - The Gazette . Video published online in 2014.
- Tourne Sol Cooperative Farm - Open House 2014 . Vaudreuil-Soulanges.tv, July 2014.
- Ferme Coopérative Tourne-Sol - cooperation in motion , Vaudreuil-Soulanges.tv, produced with the contribution of the Caisses Desjardins. Aired September 26, 2012.
- The Tourne-Sol farm or the cooperative model in an agricultural environment , October 7, 2011. Above the market.
- Video Grand Winner Contest Turn to excellence! 2010 , 2010. The agricultural finance of Quebec.
- Cooperative Farms , October 31, 2009. Green Week.
- Tourne-Sol la ferme maraîchère bio. Episode 2, L'effet Coop Podcast. Mach 2021.
- The Tourne-Sol Cooperative Farm Model with Dan Brisebois. The No-Till Market Garden Podcast, July 2020.
- Developing a holistic Farm with Dan Brisebois. The Thriving Farmer Podast. July 2019.
- Frédéric Thériault, Gagnants du Prix "Carotte D'or", interviewed by Ecolibrium, 27 march 2018. CKUT
- Daniel Brisebois, interviewed by Farmer to Farmer Podcast. "Dan Brisebois on Farming in a Co-operative, Seed Production and Crop Planning" 21 January 2016.
- Daniel Brisebois, interviewed by Permaculture Voices. "Starting a Small Scale Seed Business". January 2016.
- Daniel Brisebois, interviewed by The Ruminant. "Building a Farm Cooperative to Thrive". 28 May 2015.
- Daniel Brisebois, interviewed by The Ruminant. "Getting Started in Veggie Seed Production". 8 and 15 February 2013. Listen to Part 1, listen to Part2
- Frédéric Thériault, interviewed by The Ruminant. "The costs, benefits and best approach to paying farm interns over the table". 17 January 2013.
- Vox-Pop avec Fermiers de famille. Julie Aubé. Growers and Co. December 2021.
- We got an influx of CSA subscribers, now What. Fruits and Vegetable Magazine. November 2020.
- Integrating Seed Production Into a Market Garden at Tourne-Sol Co-operative Farm, spring 2015. MOFGA.
- Ferme Coopérative Tourne-Sol - Une relève agricole Passionnée en Montérégie, 12 February 2015. Gestion et Technologie Agricole.
- Organic practices are the foundation of a successful co-op farm in Quebec. 26 September 2012. The Globe and Mail.
- Fresh Produce Available Early, 13 June 2012. The Hudson Gazette.
- Ferme Coopérative Tourne-Sol - Vivre d'agriculture autrement, Fall 2010. Desjardins Entreprises.
- Mes Fermiers de Famille, Winter 2010. Partenaires.
- A New Approach to Farming, 14 October 2009. The Toronto Star.
- Stop and Smell The Garlic, 22 August 2008. The Montreal Gazette.
- The Fresh, Young Face of Farming, 11 August 2008. The Montreal Gazette.
- Meet your Neighbourhood Farmer, 24 October 2005. The McGill Daily.
- A New Crop of Farmers, 5 July 2006. The Montreal Gazette.
- Gagnants Concours Ma Ferme Mon Monde 2015. Prix en gestion des ressources humaines. Agri-Carrières. 2015.
- Prix de la Relève Maraîchère, UPA St-Jean-Valleyfield. 2012.
- Grand Gagnant Concours Tournez-vous vers l'excellence! 2010, 2010. Prix relève agricole Québec. La financière agricole du Québec.
- Grand Gagnant Concours du Prix Desjardins Agricole 2010, 2010. Caisse Populaire Desjardins.
- 2ème Prix Entrepreneuriat Desjardins Coopératif, 2005. Concours Québécois en Entrepreneuriat.
- 1er prix Économie Sociale - Montérégie, 2005. Concours Québécois en Entrepreneuriat.